centrally located and easy to reach
Our B&B is situated in the Oud Zuid (Old South) neighborhood of
Amsterdam, a vibrant, multicultural part of town. Most of the buildings are from the 1930's. Many people see our neighborhood as a small village in the city: about everything is in walking distance. A wide variety of restaurants, shops, bakery, food take outs, bars and of course the beautiful Vondelpark. To the center there are regular tram and bus services just around the corner.
Coming with a car
At Ringroad A10 take exit S107. At the end of the exit turn right. After the roundabout you go straight on. Take the 3rd street at your left. This is Rietwijkerstraat. Stop at number 51.There are several possibilities to park your car. Please ask us for advice.
- From Amsterdam Schiphol Airport you can choose between 1. train and bus, 2. bus or 3.TAXI (see below)
- From Amsterdam Central Train Station take tram number 2 and exit at HOOFDDORPPLEIN (this is a square).
- From Amsterdam Zuid Train Station take Bus 15 to HOOFDDORPPLEIN.
- From Amsterdam Lelylaan Train Station take Bus 62 to HOOFDDORPPLEIN.
FROM SCHIPHOL AIRPORT
- Two possibilities: A. Take the train to Amsterdam ZUID Train Station (NOT AMSTERDAM CENTRAL STATION!!!). The train ride is 4 minutes. From the platform go down the stairs and turn left. Walk on to the road and take the stairs or elevator up to the road. At the other side of the street is Bus Stop for BUS 15. Exit at HOOFDDORPPLEIN (about 10 minutes).
B. Take the train to Amsterdam LELYLAAN Train Station (NOT AMSTERDAM CENTRAL STATION!!!) The train ride is about 7 minutes. From the platform take the stairs OR the elevator down, turn right and go out the station. Take BUS 62 to HOOFDDORPPLEIN.
- TAKE BUS 397 DIRECTION AMSTERDAM and exit at HAARLEMMERMEERSTATION (bus ride is about 20 minutes). From there walk to our place in about 10 minutes.
- TAXI. We advise to take taxi's from the TCA taxi company. They charge reasonable rates and are reliable. The rate is between 27 and 35 euro. The taxi ride is about 15 minutes.
From the square to our house
From the Hoofddorpplein take the AALSMEERWEG (this is a street). Then take the first street at your right is the Rietwijkerstraat. Ring at number 51. Our names are at the door. Total distance is about 200 - 250 meters.
Public Transport in Amsterdam
More information about public transport in Amsterdam you will find here